Retreat Abstracts, Posters, and Director's Awards
Abstract numbers for poster presentations: Download PDF
Poster Display Guidelines
- Maximum poster size is 4’ high x 8’ wide.
- Poster boards and push pins will be provided at the retreat.
- Each abstract will be assigned a poster board number, which can be found on this web site the week of the retreat. Numbers will also be available at the UPMC Hillman Cancer Center registration desk on the day of the retreat. You will need your poster board number to identify your poster display location.
UPMC Hillman Cancer Center Director’s Awards
The purpose of the Director's Awards is to encourage postdocs, graduate students, and trainees to pursue work in the field of cancer research.
Demonstrate innovative and outstanding research in cancer.
- Posters will be reviewed and judged by a panel of UPMC Hillman Cancer Center senior faculty members during two poster sessions the day of the retreat.
- Due to the pre-retreat review of abstracts, it is possible that not all posters will be visited by judges during the poster sessions.
- Winners will be notified as soon as possible after the poster sessions. On the abstract submission form, please provide a phone number where you can be reached the entire day of the retreat.
- Award goes to the first author of the abstract.
- Winners will be announced and presented with plaques on June 23, 2017. Please note that winners are expected to attend the awards session.
- Each winner will be scheduled to make a future presentation during the UPMC Hillman Cancer Center Basic Research Seminar Series.
First and Second Place will be awarded in four categories:
- Basic Science
- Population Sciences
For more information on abstracts and posters, contact Lisa George, Retreat Coordinator, at email@example.com.