The Radiation Oncology Residency Program at the University of Pittsburgh comprises the UPMC Medical Education Program in Radiation Oncology, a 4-year training program (PGY 2-5). This program is ranked as one of the top programs in the country for radiation oncology research.
The radiation oncology residency program at UPMC and the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute (UPCI), an NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, offers:
- Advanced, state-of-the-art technology, including The Trilogy System™
- Direction and guidance from our world-class leaders and outstanding faculty
- A commitment to teaching
- Collaboration with an expansive range of medical specialties, including medical oncology and surgical subspecialties
Residents rotate among core sites:
- UPMC Cancer Center at Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC
- UPMC Presbyterian
- Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
- UPMC Shadyside
- UPMC St. Margaret
These sites provide comprehensive training in all areas of oncology.
Our residency program promotes excellence in patient care, which has remained a prominent priority for our department. Our program is designed to greatly enhance your experience as a radiation oncology resident so that you can learn, grow, and thrive in the world of radiation oncology.
For more information, please visit the University of Pittsburgh Department of Radiation Oncology page.