Diwakar Davar, MD
Hillman Cancer Center Research Pavilion, Suite 1.32d
Tumor immunobiology; tumor microenvironment; checkpoint inhibition; early phase clinical trials; immunotherapy; melanoma
My research interests are in translational science. Specifically, I am interested in designing early-phase clinical trials based on an improved understanding of tumor immunobiology and host-tumor-microenvironment interactions. Additionally, I am interested in the mechanisms underlying non-response to checkpoint inhibition and novel approaches to overcome this non-response.
My clinical interests are in the management of advanced melanoma and the development of early phase studies to test novel immunotherapeutic approaches singly and in combination in patients with advanced cancer.
- Katlinskaya YV, Katlinski KV, Yu Q, Ortiz A, Beiting DP, Brice A, Davar D, Sanders C, Kirkwood JM, Rui H, Xu X, Koumenis C, Diehl JA, Fuchs SY. Suppression of type I interferon signaling overcomes oncogene-induced senescence and mediates melanoma development and progression. Cell Rep. 2016 Apr 5;15(1):171-80. PubMed Link
- Davar D, Fuchs SY, Kirkwood JM. BRAF inhibitors and IFNalpha: Plus, minus, or indeterminate? J Natl Cancer Inst. 2016 Feb 5;108(7). PubMed Link
- Davar D, Socinski MA, Dacic S, Burns TF. Near complete response after single dose of nivolumab in patient with advanced heavily pre-treated KRAS mutant pulmonary adenocarcinoma. Exp Hematol Oncol. 2015 Dec 14;4:34. PubMed Link
- Davar D, Kirkwood JM. CCR 20th anniversary commentary: MAPK/ERK pathway inhibition in melanoma-kinase inhibition redux. Clin Cancer Res. 2015 Dec 15;21(24):5412-4. PubMed Link
- Davar D, Kirkwood JM. Adjuvant therapy of melanoma. Cancer Treat Res. 2016;167:181-208. PubMed Link
- Davar D, Wilson M, Pruckner C, Kirkwood JM. PD-1 blockade in advanced melanoma in patients with hepatitis C and/or HIV. Case Rep Oncol Med. 2015;2015:737389. PubMed Link
- Davar D, Lin Y, Kirkwood JM. Unfolding the mutational landscape of human melanoma. J Invest Dermatol. 2015 Mar;135(3):659-62. PubMed Link
- Davar D, Tarhini AA, Gogas H, Kirkwood JM. Advances in adjuvant therapy: potential for prognostic and predictive biomarkers. Methods Mol Biol. 2014;1102:45-69. PubMed Link
- Davar D, Tarhini AA, Kirkwood JM. Adjuvant immunotherapy of melanoma and development of new approaches using the neoadjuvant approach. Clin Dermatol. 2013 May-Jun;31(3):237-50. PubMed Link
- Davar D, Kirkwood JM. New therapies in the treatment of melanoma. Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2012 Nov;21(11):1643-59. PubMed Link