Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program Stipend Levels for Fiscal Year 2015
|GME Level IV||$58,635|
|GME Level V||$61,880|
|GME Level VI||$63,211|
|GME Level VII||$65,332|
Benefits of the Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program
Insurance and Disability
- Health insurance: UPMC Advantage Gold 90/10 EPO Exclusive Provider Organization is provided to fellows and their eligible dependents. Basic vision coverage is included in the Health Plan.
- Dental insurance: UPMC Dental is provided at no cost to fellows. Dependent selection requires the trainee to pay a monthly contribution.
- Short-term disability leave: The University Health Center provides disability leave for up to 12 weeks of complete disability, when application for long-term coverage is made. Fellow must provide proof that he or she is under the care of a physician. Maternity leave is covered under short-term disability leave.
- Long-term disability insurance: The University Health Center provides a disability insurance policy following 12 weeks of total disability.
- Life insurance: The University Health Center provides group life insurance that includes accidental death and dismemberment. The amount is equal to the house officer's annual salary rounded upward to the nearest thousand dollars.
- Medical malpractice insurance: The institution covers the cost of group malpractice liability insurance for Health Center–related activities.
- Tax deferred annuity plan: Fellows may elect to participate in a supplemental retirement annuity plan.
Vacation: All fellows receive three weeks of paid vacation during the year.
Conferences: All fellows receive 5 days of paid conference days during the year.
Maternity and paternity leave: Policies abide by the regulations of the ABIM.
Professional development fund: Fellows receive a $1,000 educational stipend each year.
Tuition Assistance: Fellows have the opportunity to apply for tuition assistance for coursework and degrees at the University of Pittsburgh.
White coats and laundry: All fellows receive two white coats per year and have access to laundry services.
Parking: On-site covered parking is available to each fellow at a monthly rate.
Fitness facilities: Fellows are eligible for free memberships to the University of Pittsburgh Trees Hall, which has a gym, pool, and many other amenities.
Resident and Fellow Assistance Program (RFAP): This program provides a confidential resource to fellows who may be experiencing various personal problems.
UPMC Perks: Fellows are eligible for discounts on merchandise, services, and recreational activities at many Pittsburgh-area businesses.
Board review materials: The Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program purchases a review course each year that is available to all fellows.
DEA/MD application: The fellowship program contributes to application fees.
For more information regarding further benefits offered by UPMC Graduate Medical Education view the Summary of Benefits.
Each fellow in the Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program must sign a training contract. Fellows also must sign a reappointment contract at the beginning of each successive year.
View the contracts and summary: