About the Division of Hematology/Oncology
The Division of Hematology/Oncology is an integral part of UPMC Hillman Cancer Center and emphasizes clinical care, research, and teaching.
Programs within the division include:
- Clinical hematology
- Hematological malignancies
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
- Solid tumor oncology
The facilities of the division include:
- A well-respected bone marrow transplant unit.
- Fully staffed hematology/oncology outpatient clinics at Hillman for administration of cancer therapies and for clinical research and therapeutic trials.
- An outstanding inpatient unit at UPMC Shadyside where patients can receive standard and investigational cancer treatments.
In addition to the on-site patient care programs, the division maintains a network of oncologists and hematologists who assist in the conduct of its numerous clinical trials.
Central to this network are:
- Hematology/Oncology Associates, a 17-member group acquired by UPMC
- Oncology Hematology Associates, a 25-member group
These cadres of physicians articulate the hematology/oncology program of UPMC throughout western Pennsylvania.