Search for Funding
University of Pittsburgh/UPCI Databases
- The University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute maintains a list of current cancer-related funding opportunities and information about Institutional Training Grants (T32 and T35) at UPCI
- The Office of Research, Health Sciences at the University of Pittsburgh maintains a searchable database of funding opportunities in the Health Sciences; and offers Health Sciences Bridge Funding.
- The University of Pittsburgh Office of Research maintains a list of Funding Resources and a list of funding opportunities limiting the number of applications from Pitt.
Federal Funding Information
- Federal funding opportunities are listed at grants.gov.
- The National Institute of Health (NIH) has a general funding website, information on the NIH New Investigators Program, and a Career Award Wizard where you can answer a few questions to see which Career Award might be right for you.
- The National Cancer Institute (NCI) has a general funding website and a list of training opportunities sponsored by the NCI.
COS includes funding opportunities from all disciplines including arts, humanities, health and medicine, social sciences, and sciences. Users can conduct searches for funding opportunities, and University of Pittsburgh faculty, staff, postdoctoral scholars and graduate students can create accounts to save searches and receive funding alerts.
Search COS Pivot| Learn how to use COS Pivot| COS Pivot YouTube Tutorials
The University of Pittsburgh research community also has access to InfoEd's SPIN database. InfoEd works with over 500 medical centers, universities, institutes and corporations to focus on a single mission: increase the impact of research by transforming the research administration process.
Search SPIN| Learn how to use SPIN
The University of Pittsburgh also maintains a subscription to this database, providing users with information on more than 108,000 foundations, corporate donors, and grantmaking public charities in the U.S.